WEST WILMINGTON DOVES ADVENTURERS CLUB
What is the Adventurer Club?
The Adventurer Club is a Bible-based, family ministry for pre-kindergarten (age 4) to fourth grade children and their parents. It was created to give children an opportunity to belong to an intercultural, organized peer group that focuses on growing as followers of Jesus. Parental involvement provides opportunities for parents to participate in the learning experience.
Why have an Adventurers program?
The Adventurer program was created to assist parents in their important responsibilities as a child’s primary teachers and evangelizers in today’s world. The program aims to strengthen the parent/child relationship and to further the child’s development in spiritual, physical, mental, and social areas. Through the Adventurer Program, the church, home, and school can work together with the parent to develop a mature, happy child.
One of the Adventurer Club objectives is to provide a meaningful and exciting experience as the children look forward with anticipation to someday being Pathfinders.
What is the Adventurer curriculum designed to accomplish?
- Children will, at their own level, commit their hearts and lives to Jesus Christ.
- Children will gain a positive attitude toward the benefits, joys, and responsibilities of living a Christian life.
- Children will acquire the habits, skills and knowledge needed to live for Jesus today.
- Parents and other primary care-givers will become more confident and effective as co-laborers with Christ for their children.
The Adventurer Club provides fun and creative ways for children.
- to develop a Christ-like character;
- to experience the joy and satisfaction of doing things well;
- to express their love for Jesus in a natural way;
- to learn good sportsmanship and strengthen their ability to get along with others;
- to discover their God-given abilities and to know how to use them to benefit self and serve others,
- to improve their understanding of what makes families strong.
Adventurer Pledge, Law, & Song
Because Jesus loves me, I will always do my best.
Jesus can help me to:
Doves Registration Form: 2023-2024 Adventurer Registration Form
If you are an Adventurer interested in joining us or are looking to volunteer, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We meet twice a month on Sabbath afternoons at 2:30-4pm. We are looking forward to connecting with you!